Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed, Sat All Day And I'm Getting No Were

Hi guys,

Haven't used this forum for a while other than reading. I've sat all day trying to write my second essay and I just can't do it. I don't know if I'm just having a mental block?..

I was wondering if anyone can help?

I need to complete an essay on the processes of studying in children in regards to research rather than development. This is my introduction........ (needs adjusting)

Critical reflection on the process of studying children

The purpose of this assignment is to critically discuss the process of studying children. The assignment will us appropriate literature to critically analyse three key issues involved in studying children, aged three to five years. It will conclude with a discussion of th overall effectiveness of such processes.

My idea was to use participatory methods anyone idea of three key issues, I assume I can use ethics as one!

Thank you for your support

Jody

Conclusions can be based upon a narrow cohort? Would findings truly reflect society as a whole?

I could be wrong here... but I seem to recall that Piaget's observations were based upon middle class children. Skinner upon his own daughter.... could there be a key issue in there somewhere?

I'm only guessing here, my first thoughts and I haven't studied a foundation degree.

1/ Methodology

2/ Researchers own values and beliefs impacting on how data is interpreted.

3/ and yes, I think Ethics.

Good luck.

Peggy

I'm still not a 100% clear on what your assignment is expecting of you, but I would of thought ethics for sure, maybe the rights of children (United Nations), and maybe legislation - including inclusion.

I see that we are looking at this in different ways, do you think you could elaborate/clarify the question a little bit ?

Hi guys

Thank you for you advice to my question. But this may make things clearer. This is my actual essay title

Title: critically discuss the key issues involved in studying children and young people

Critical reflection on the process of studying children related to appropriate literature, including journal articles - 1000 words.

Guidance

This assignment is written as an essay with an introduction, several main points supported by literature (including appropriate journal articles) and a summary. It is expected that all assignments will make some reference to the significant of ethics.

We have been informed not to apply this to observation that practitioners produce in settings, it got to be about research so for example it is important to study children because research informs new policy.

We have also been informed that we study/ produce research with children, for children, on children. Therefore I need to pick on of these and produce three key points.

So I hope this makes things clearer any help with be received with a big thank you as I have a mental block. If any one knows of any good books, that would be great.

Thank you once again :)

Like others I am not sure if I am on the right track, if you are involving children you may find the 'mosaic approach' by Clark and Moss useful - loads of information on Google. This approach relates to loistening to children and treating them as experts in their lives.

Hope this helps and does not add to the confusion :o

Good Luck xD

Like others I am not sure if I am on the right track, if you are involving children you may find the 'mosaic approach' by Clark and Moss useful - loads of information on Google. This approach relates to loistening to children and treating them as experts in their lives.

Hope this helps and does not add to the confusion :o

Good Luck :(

Currently using Mosaic Approach in study with OU, it is fairly good and makes you see the views of the child well.

Jody I have sat here all day trying to get head round TMA 7 and EYCLOs for FD (OU) this is my last one and I can't wait to finish roll on May xD Its like a total brain freeze but time is running out for deadline!

Keep going

Sue

Edited by Bigsue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)