Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!

I am currently doing my BA Early Childhood Studies.

My latest assignment is a leaflet (4 sides of A4) in which I have to weigh up different forms of early years provision in my area and make a persuasive argument which could convince fellow professionals or parents of the needs for particular developments.

This is driving me mad!

I was planning on writing a little about my local area and the different forms of provision with a short explanation of what the different types are. But thats all I've got! :o

I know there is a shortage of out of school provision in my area (only because I have been looking for my child!) but don't know how to start going about finding stats to back this up.

Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated!

Local authorities have to have available a 'Childcare Sufficiency Assessment' every three years, if you google this for your borough something should come up, a new one due in 2011 for most boroughs, but latest you may get is 2008 (or 2009 in some cases) - this has lots of interesting information which may help you. Alternatively, your local early years team may be able to e-mail you a copy.

Many thanks Sam!

Have found the sufficiency assessment for my area - and it's for 2010!!

Is it just me or can nobody else rememeber life before google?!

Thanks again!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)