Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Intentions

I dont think the children need to know much more than-- we are learning to count, or we are learning to look at how things change etc.

Make sure children know numbers are for counting and letters go together to make words for reading and writing.

Keep it simple but relevant.

That's an interesting question kl33. I'm not up to date with reception practice anymore, but do you have to put up LIs in your classroom, and is that why you'd like them in simplified terms?

I quite like the idea of rephrasing them.....maybe we could start here :o

Maybe "retell narratives in the correct sequence, drawing on the language patterns of stories" could be "We are going to tell each other our favourite stories, starting with 'One day, a long time ago....'"

Anyone fancy improving my attempt? xD

Guest LornaW
That's an interesting question kl33. I'm not up to date with reception practice anymore, but do you have to put up LIs in your classroom, and is that why you'd like them in simplified terms?

I quite like the idea of rephrasing them.....maybe we could start here :o

Maybe "retell narratives in the correct sequence, drawing on the language patterns of stories" could be "We are going to tell each other our favourite stories, starting with 'One day, a long time ago....'"

Anyone fancy improving my attempt? xD

I like it Helen and cannot better it!

But seriously I think LI are for the adults not for the children - were we in europe they would not be expected to do this nor would the adults! Too much too soon can damage children!

Lorna

I quite like the idea of children understanding the WALT and WILF. For instance, my little girl (who is in reception) has been talking about learning words that have the same sounds but different meanings/spellings, so I've been able to talk to her at home using the words homophones and homonyms. Her teacher has obviously explained the intention of the learning there.

I haven't seen the ELGs phrased in this way though. I think I would probably do it on a one by one basis as I taught them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)