Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nqt Observation-afl

Hi! This is my first post, so I hope im putting this in the right place etc!

I'm an NQT teaching in a reception class. In a couple of weeks im being observed with the main focus being how the children are learning and assessment for learning, and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I already use thumbs up thumbs down and have a happy face where the children stick their name on if they understand the work, but i think my mentor wants to concentrate on how they are learning eg did they work in a group, in pairs etc.

Im a bit stuck on how to make this fun, i was thinking of maybe making a laminated traking book where they can draw a picture or write what theyve learned and how??

Thanks for any help!

x

Hi mafon32

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making your first post....first of many I hope :o

Have you looked though some of the other posts in the forum area you posted your question in (it was the right place) as there may be some ideas in there.

Good luck with your observation, I am sure you will be brilliant.

Sue

Admin Team

Hi and welcome, Have you thought of the good old 'two stars and a wish' and doing some peer assessment? You could spice it up by having some gold stars to give out, and a magic wand for when they make their wish.

Hello,

I am an NQT too and also had this problem. I have a learning board. At the end of each session I ask the children for something they have learnt and how they learnt it - this may be practicing, remembering, asking a friend, working as a team etc etc. I don't expect replies from all children and only take 3-4 answers which i write on treasure coins to place on our learning display (learning treasures!). Hope your observation goes well!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)