Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evidence Of Development Matters Covered

HI all

question.... we are in the process of revamping our planning and have done away with our medium term plan can I just ask how o people evidence development matters for odted purposes.

I am asking this as 2 years ago we were told by oftsed to compile evidence in our entrance area showing what areas of development we wil cover each week .This was fine as on our medium term plan we selected 12 DM's and chose one each week to focus on based on our termly theme. This DM was written on the top of our weekly planning sheet.

We are alos amending the weekly sheet and are now not preplanning a whole eek and are doing on a day to day basis dependant on childrens interests.

My only worry as we are due an ofsted inpsection (due to change of ownership) is how do I show what DM's have been covered?

I am so confused by it all and anready to throw in the towel as waking up in the middle o fthe night for a wee armed with pen and paper trying to make sense of it all.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated ideas would also be VERY! welcome.

We don't pre-plan which DM will be covered in a given session/week/activity, but record on individual sheets for the children which they have shown evidence of from our observations of them in free play and adult led activities. From these we then plan what opportunities we will offer them in the future so they can demonstrate ability in further DMs. These aren't always consecutive though so their assessment sheet might have DMs "ticked off" (for want of a better term!) dotted across it with gaps showing we haven't seen evidence of that particular DM yet. I hope you can make sense of that!

We are also waiting since last November for them so I can't comment on that side of it. However I would argue the case that this way of working is more in keeping with the unique child and planning activities which address individual needs. And i would kick up a stink if they said otherwise!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)