Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Reading Resources For Rec

Hi there!

I seem to be in book mode tonight...

What early reading material are member's using?

What is successful?

We are looking at buying new material for our Reception children? We have some New Way, Sunshine, Oxford Reading Tree in school.

What do member's find gives their children an interesting and exciting start to reading?

Will be greatful to hear suggestions and opinions on the materials out there!

Rigby Star for Guided reading gets my vote! Rigby Rockets is for individual reading. Both have excellent teacher and parental support materials respectively and can be supported with IT materials.

look at myprimary.co.uk.

thank you Susan - having looked at the site I like the way the 'guided' and 'independent readers' link together- will certainly be asking my lit co to have a look at them !

My children really loved these books and were certainly motivated to read. The characters are the same in both sets, not always children either--there is "Curly the caterpillar" and Key words are used, which I particularly liked. Text was also supported by the pictures.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)