Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Write Dance

Morning - I wonder if there is anyone who can help!!!!! I have started doing Write Dance with my class of Year R's. However i havent had any training and am just following the book - which I am struggling with !!!! I am a kinesthetic learner - and reading the book is just confusing me!!! Is there a video I can watch or does anyone know about any training available?

Thank you and Happy Monday!!

Nicky

Hi Nicky

Which version of write dance are you using..the original (4-8 years) which comes with a dvd, or the 'early years' version (3-5) which just comes with the music?

I used the early years version but once I got used to dong it, didn't really like the songs (although the chidlren did!) so I used other songs and music to the same effect.

nickynooblue I did training with Ragnhild herself about 4 years ago and although she was good it was everything that was in the book but I know exactly what you mean about being a kinesthetic learner.

I found the following on the internet

http://www.rainbowriverstone.com/e/writedance.htm

http://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/309817/4498369.aspx

alternatively how about asking your EY Advisers if they would do a workshop or get up a group interested in Write Dance and then the variety of participants would share ideas and this would not only benefit your lessons but form a good network system in your LA.

Good Luck

Lorna

Hi I hope you find a video or someone to help but in the mean time:-

I used the nursery book, with no DVD, and used to try out the movements with the music before I went through it with the children. Like mundia I also changed the music (brought back long forgotten memories of "music and movement" which I hated)

I would not to get to worried about exactly what to do; I imagine there are many different ways of doing it (others may disagree) but I think as long as the children enjoy it and they feel free to move and express themselves your on the right track.

On the rainbow riverstone web site she says "in Write Dance you can never do anything wrong!... it is playful practising"

good luck with it my children love it and it really gives them confidence and freedom to mark make.

Thank you all for your replies. I am going to take it all on board and re vamp it for my class. Certainly not feeling stressed about any more. Happy Tuesday!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)