Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Super Hero Theme Female Role Models And Stories?

Hi all,

I am busy planning for after half term and will be doing a superhero theme in response to my Ben 10 mad boys. I have loads of ideas and have found lots of ideas from trawling previous posts (thanks folks!) . Where I'm struggling is that I'd like to have some female role models and am struggling for texts. I have bought Super Daisy by Nick Sharratt but does anyone know any others? Obviously once we get going, the children will be making up their own personas and costumes etc and that is non gender specific but I wanted to be able to read stories with a range of superheros. Also I wondered if anyone has done this theme what visitors or trips you organised for the children.

Many thanks in advance (I teach reception by the way)

Deb

How about the Emily Brown and Stanley books? Emily Brown does all sorts of things like going on expeditions in the rain forest, climbing mountains etc. All with her rabbit Stanley at her side. Not quite a superhero, but a good role model that girls and boys could respect!

A couple of my class were being Sportacus and his friend Stephanie and were going to save the world- apparantly she wears pink and carries a bag. Not sure if she is a superhero or not, but saving the world sounds pretty 'superheroish' to me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)