Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play Balancing Equipment

Hi everyone,

There's something that has been driving me mad for ages and I wondered if anyone could help. When I did supply years ago I worked in several FS classes who had a particular set of outdoor equipment that was fantastic. I've spent hours googling to try and find it but have not even come close. I'll do my best to describe it...

There were probably about 10 pieces all in chunky, hollow, brightly coloured plastic. The pieces could be fitted together in different way to make a raised walkway about a foot off the ground. The different pieces I can remember were:

a zig zag piece that could be used as steps up to the walkway or as a bumpy plank;

a large circle with bits sticking out of either side to make a kind of hump back bridge (this piece could also be used as a see saw);

a couple of straight flat planks;

a chunky central piece that the other pieces could be attached to.

Has anyone got any clue what I'm talking about? If you have, do you know what make they are/ where to get them from?

Everywhere I've seen these resources they were used really well by the children. Other than the obvious physical benefits, they also encouraged teamwork as the children built the walkway and then put them all away at the end of the day. My ASD class would REALLY benefit from this!! I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to afford them out of my class budget but I could maybe smile sweetly at our FS leader and see if we could get them out of her budget if only I could find out where to get them from!!

Huge thanks in anticipation of your wonderful replies,

Amy xxx

Thanks everyone, I've had a look on their website and there is a pic of something that doesn't look exactly the same but very similar. Maybe a newer version...

My next problem is, where do you get it from? I've looked thru their catalogue online and can't see anything like it and googling was unsuccessful. In fact the first google result was this conversation haha!! Do any of you know where you got yours from?

xxx

I bought ours about about 5 years ago. My choice was that or a wormy play tunnel. I still keep wondering about buying the wormy. The Wesco set does need lots of room for storage though. I store it in giant crates for easy transportation from shed to grassed area.

I bought ours about about 5 years ago. My choice was that or a wormy play tunnel. I still keep wondering about buying the wormy. The Wesco set does need lots of room for storage though. I store it in giant crates for easy transportation from shed to grassed area.

Can you remember where you got it from bubblejack? Was it from their catalogue or does another supplier do their equipment? In the catalogue of theirs that I've seen there are no toys or play equipment, only things like furniture and aprons!

I bought these last summer for Nursery from one of the educational catalogues - would either have been Hope or GLS (as they're all that school uses) they were about £600 for a 12 piece set - I remember because I had to think long and hard about whether their use would justify the cost!

I bought these last summer for Nursery from one of the educational catalogues - would either have been Hope or GLS (as they're all that school uses) they were about £600 for a 12 piece set - I remember because I had to think long and hard about whether their use would justify the cost!

have they been worth it? x

Ooooo!!!! I've just looked at the Hope catalogue and that's the exact set I meant!! How fabulous are you lot?!!!

I WANT IT!!! It is £650 tho, I'm gonna have to do a lot of creeping!!!

Thank you for your help everyone xxxxxxxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)