Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psrn Observation

Hi everybody, hope youare all ok. I am being observed by my deputy and school advisor next week Thursday. Our topic is fairytales and chn would like to do read Goldilocks next week. Any ideas that are fun and interactive with reception. I guess the obvious choice would be around size. Would love to hear what you guys have done. XXX

Lots of ordering possible with this one, sorting by size etc and playing with oaty dough is great for a free play linked activity. Also obvious sets of cups, bowls etc. for role play. Have got some 3 bears activities on PC I think it's my world, not sure I just use it!!!!!! Have always jhad loads of fun with this story, so many cros curricular links, also could try with construction toys, lego etc to make a bed for mummy bear, daddy bear etc. :o

Hi,

I done lots of Goldilocks stuff a few weeks ago in my Nursery.

We made porridge with the children in small groups after reading the story. Added sugar and different ingredients.. lots of chn using good language like 'too sweet!', etc. The role-play area was really successful as well, having 3 different sized beds, chairs, etc. Sequencing the story, chn can cut pictures from the story and stick them in the right order. Painting bears from the story. :)