Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

Thanke so much for all of your ideas. After half term we are going to operate as a FS unit as a trial run before September, so I am going to experiment with planning through stories too.

Hi there

Reading the discussion with interest!

I wanted to ask, though, would anyone be willing to attach any of their plans for developing a topic from some of the books mentioned to help get me started? (I'm relatively new to this, and not very good at planning!)

G.

I am so pleased I found this site, what great ideas you guys have, thanks ever so for sharing them. I have so many new things to try, I'm not sure how I will fit them all in :o

I would be interested in plans for Pre-school linked to the areas of learning based on a book too.

Thanks xD

Aunty

• 4 months later...

OOh, just found the link to this. I am VERY interested in any plans that anyone might have. I have decided to do Elmer when all the children are in, I have even brought a little plastic elephant home to paint up in colours ready for the start. :) I thought if we had one painted elephant and a bunch of grey ones it would be great for the tuff spot! Stick in some grass, and bits of tree in plasticine and what a small world! :D

I am hoping to do a journeys topic through stories - Start with whatever next, walking through the jungle, the train ride, a non fiction book called come and visit the moon.... and any other suggestions would be appreciated - come up against a bit of a blank

Sarah xoxoxo

Today's issue of Nursery World has a great supplement all about working with books with planning links etc. Not read it all yet but it looks incredibly helpful for people wanting to arrange topics around books.

:o Jane xD

Hi Jane,

Beat me to it, enclosed with Nursery World is a supplement called Nursery Topics - Autumn 2005, Martin Waddell's books ( a favourite childrens Author).

If you don't recieve Nursery World and can't find it in your local newsagents, you can call 0870 444 8628, to order any back issues or to subscribe.

Peggy

Today's issue of Nursery World has a great supplement all about working with books with planning links etc.  Not read it all yet but it looks incredibly helpful for people wanting to arrange topics around books.

:o Jane xD

37918[/snapback]

Many thanks for that Jane. I will look it up :D

• 1 year later...
OOh, just found the link to this. I am VERY interested in any plans that anyone might have. I have decided to do Elmer when all the children are in, I have even brought a little plastic elephant home to paint up in colours ready for the start. :) I thought if we had one painted elephant and a bunch of grey ones it would be great for the tuff spot! Stick in some grass, and bits of tree in plasticine and what a small world! :D

We did a whole term earlier this year, around the time of World Book Day, with a different story each week and activities that linked. A good one for making Elmer using the top half of a 4 pint plastic milk bottle. Turn it upside down, the handle becomes his trunk, decorate with small squares of coloured paper, eyes and a tail. The children all made their own and they were used for story telling and smalll world play etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)