Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toilet/potty Training

Hi All,

Can anyone help.....

I have a boy who is 3.5 years, he started toilet/pott training 6 months ago and during the first 2 weeks he had (like many of children) lots of accidents and was at times becoming distressed. His mother (against our advice) felt sorry for him and put him back in pull-ups but told him that once the world cup was over he would go back into pants....which he did.....

However the same happened (as above) and again she put him back in pull-ups.....and so the pattern continued. We tried everything:

Putting toys in the toilet/round objects for him to aim into

Reading a book to him

Sticker Chart

Praise

Going with a friend

- Paying him NO attention

etc etc

During December the parent but him back in pull-ups and over Xmas they tried at home (without any luck) - he is now in pants (and has been since 4th January 2011) however he will hold himself to breaking point and then wet himself, we are now at the stage where we pay him no attention and he has to change himself (his parents do this at home as well)

I have been in the pre-school room all morning trying to get him to use the potty/toilet (sat with him, read to him, used a buddy sysyem, sticker) - he wriggled away and then wet himself. I have had to throw out 2 mats because he keeps having accidents on them and staff are constantly mopping/cleaning the bathroom due to 3-4 accidents per day.

Any advice???

Many thanks.