About Us
Tapestry

Long Term Plan

Hi

getting very mixed messages can you help

Our LTP consists of

1. A written document stating how we will cover EYFS

2. Continious prov sheets in each workshop area

3. A list of loose themes to introduce new knowledge and skills mainly seasons, celebrations and favoutites such as minibeasts-

We were advised to link the above themes etc into the most relevant aspects of learning so at the beginning of the year we used to pick the 1 aspect for each area of learning (so 6 a month) to focus on each month to ensure over the 2 years we were covering all the aspects. These then get transferred onto a medium term plan and focus activities are then planned to cover the aspects.

This is where I need your help - should we or shouldnt we be picking these aspects in advance?

I can understand it for say September when settling new children in so focus on PSED making reltionships etc

HELP!

we do not have planned themes as such ours change from week to week depending on children's interests. We may have a few themse going at the same time.

My key people plot their own children's learning and therefore not all children are covering the same area at any one time.

my long term plan now only holds information mostly relating to the setting and not planning for the children

ie review of policies, sef, appraisals, fire drills

etc. The only column to hold a theme is tiny and marks dates that we dont want to miss ie chinese new year, christmas easter, mothers day.

i also do a weekly continous provision sheet and my staff write down their planning for individual children on another

we do not have planned themes as such ours change from week to week depending on children's interests. We may have a few themse going at the same time.

My key people plot their own children's learning and therefore not all children are covering the same area at any one time.

my long term plan now only holds information mostly relating to the setting and not planning for the children

ie review of policies, sef, appraisals, fire drills

etc. The only column to hold a theme is tiny and marks dates that we dont want to miss ie chinese new year, christmas easter, mothers day.

i also do a weekly continous provision sheet and my staff write down their planning for individual children on another

HI sue

thanks for your reply so do your keypersons focus on all their children every week or pick some to focus on ? Do they then plan activities to meet each childs learning if so surely their must be lots of activities going on at once? How is this managed ie some people plan some play, at set times each day or? Would you mind very much explaining how your keypersons are planning on a weekly basis for their key children

Does this make any sense??? !!

thanks sharon

My key people have a set day each to do key work and that day they are not on the rota to do anything else.

Some do incidental obs on some and more focused learning with the others and swop that round the following week .

At other times they wiil manage and do all in the week

I truly believe that working with what children are interested in will give them a deeper learning experience they are all different and are at different stages. A lot of learning takes place during child intiated and my staff are really good at enhancing and enabling there play to move these children on and up

Any area of learning, ie psed,kuw cd can be taken to any area of play.

We also look at well being and involvement when doing obs and this is a good indicator of levels of learning.

My key people have a set day each to do key work and that day they are not on the rota to do anything else.

Some do incidental obs on some and more focused learning with the others and swop that round the following week .

At other times they wiil manage and do all in the week

I truly believe that working with what children are interested in will give them a deeper learning experience they are all different and are at different stages. A lot of learning takes place during child intiated and my staff are really good at enhancing and enabling there play to move these children on and up

Any area of learning, ie psed,kuw cd can be taken to any area of play.

We also look at well being and involvement when doing obs and this is a good indicator of levels of learning.

any chance you could share a copy of the individual planning format sue?

And sorry were they focusing on all their children all the time or focus children each week across the term?

thanks

My planning has names on it and so i will not post it on here

but it was just done on a spreadsheet

it has on it

name of child stage of development area and aspect and what the activity is

there is a sheet for each key person

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)