Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Class Assembly

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has experience of doing class assemblies? Although I've been teaching ages Ive never had to do a class assembly for parents before. What works well? Our topic is all creatures great and small. I have a Reception class who are sweet and quite a few were confident in the nativity play. I wondered about acting out a story but it may be too complicated? Any ideas gratefully received. Thanks

The best thing for you and for the children is to make it as simple and as relevant to what you have been learning in class as possible. Acting out a story is great but could take over and become stressful, learn ome songs and rhymes and perform those, show some paintings and models maybe and talk about what you have been learning --children can help you by answering questions maybe?

Think show and tell and you will still have a wow and arrh factor!

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

Hi Sonia 501,

Just wondered how your class assembly went - as I have this very same task in 4 weeks time and just dont know what to do?! I have done class assemblies before with older children but never with Recpetion. I really want them to show case how amazing they are!

Look forward to hearing from you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)