Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moderation

Hi,

Wondered if anyone could give some tips and suggestions to pass on to my year 2 friends as to what the process for moderation is. They have just found out they are going to be moderated and I want to be supportive but do not really know the process. I was wondering if anyone had been moderated recently and if there were any tips, ideas of the evidence presented .....

Thanks, I know they will be grateful.

Not being a year 2 teacher, I havent personally experienced this but from what I have seen going on in school it is quite similar to what happens for moderation in FS. You or they may also find that someone also comes in to oversee how the SATs are administered.

I've just received my pack

moderators will

-discuss teacher's assessments in reading, writing, speaking and listening, mathematics and science

-focus on the work of 3 or 4 children, which demonstrates the range of ability in each class

- check understanding of the expected standards by sampling evidence from reading, writing,mathematics and science

-make sure children are being given appropriate tasks/tests to inform teacher assessment judgements

-ensure that each school's judgements are in line with national standards

-emphasise that this is a supportive, process working in partnership, to develop consistent and accurate teacher assessment judgements.

Evidence

reading - records and a broad range of evidence eg current reading book, guided reading records, task or test evidence, stranded sheets, APP

writing - records and a broad range of evidence eg several examples of independent writing from a range of contexts such as stories from topic work or instructions for a science experiment writing task evidence, stranded sheets and APP

maths -selection of evidence

AT1

AT2

AT3

tasks or test evidence, stranded sheets and APP

Science - records evidence, stranded sheets and APP

Speaking and Listening records and evidence of planned assessment, observations annotated planning photographs evidence, stranded sheets and APP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)