Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

Hi guys,

I haven't got an inspection looming but it has been mentioned a lot today and it's got me thinking about what I need and what happens. At the moment we have no early years co-ordinator, just me and the nursery nurse oversee the nursery and reception.

I'm not worried, just interested in peoples experiences and really what an inspection involves. Everyones tip-toeing around the subject at school!Thanks :)

Being a preschool I don't have any experience of what your Ofsted will entail, but may I suggest reading your previous Oftsed inspection ( if you have one) especially any area for development. They are sure to look at these.

I'd like to say, without sounding patronizing, Well done for following the motto; "Be prepared".

Peggy

I agree - look at your last OFSTED report - I went through ours with a highlighter (was inspected before I came to the school) and if there were any points of development see if they have been acheived.

There is also a booklet available that details what OFSTED are looking for I'm sure someone will post it on here.

Another thing that I've found brillient is going to visit other settings to see how things are done. :D

The new format from september is lean and short. 2 days notice. It will be lead by HMI's and ofsted people. Inspection will focus on the leadership and management of the school and the evaluation of the school through a "SEF" school evaluation form. Inspectors will use the schools judgments and evidence as a basis to confirm or dispute judgements. They will look at teaching if necessary to confirm the head's judgements on standards, if it is accurate they won't need to look at everyone in the old way. No parents meetings anymore althouh a questionnaire must be sent and parents can talk to inspectors at any point in the inspection. No governors meeting to unpick report later either. 3 weeks turn around for the report to be published on the web. SOunds less stressful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)