Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview And Observation, Help!

I did buy a suit, but it didn't work. I didn't get it. Cream boy got it.

Really gutted about this one and time is running out. All I want is a job I can be happy in. Is that too much to ask?

Bad luck Nichola. There is nothing else I can say really-we all know how much you want to move. Just keep plugging away, something will turn up I'm sure.

CREAM SUIT?????? I think I would have sent him to the caretakers room to get something more suitable to wear!! Mind you, it was in a posh part of Cheshire wasn't it?? Say no more!! :oxD:(

Linda

I did buy a suit, but it didn't work. I didn't get it. Cream boy got it.

31039[/snapback]

So sorry, Nichola. Maybe as it was such a close run thing the school went for the male role model becasue men seem to be a rareity in early years?

Have a glass of wine and a box of chocs to cheer yourself up :D

I'm really sorry Nichola... don't give up the right school will be out there for you ! Keep asking for advice on this site ... it has really helped me when I've felt a bit down !!!

I had a couple of interviews last year and had no joy and then decided not to try for a while and had a couple more this year and got one I really wanted ! Thanks Peggy ages ago saying well done and asking me what I'd got. I got a Head teacher of a Nursery School job (whopee) which is conditional on being accepted on the NPQH course ... so my fingers are crossed !

Galleon :D

Thanks for all your comments. I do agree that they probably went for the male role model. Not much I can do about that!

I'm just fed up of applying for jobs. There are, on average, 100 applicants per job I'm going for, so its not easy task getting shortlisted let alone the job.

Hoping something else will come up soon as I need to know I'm not going to be at work in September, I'm going to be somewhere new.

Thanks Linda and Susan.. well technically you are supposed to be accepted on the course before being appointed ... but my Head and I thought as long as I applied for September it would be ok ! not realising this is not really allowed. ooops !... a bit of a misunderstanding .. but it's still in the balance based on if I'm accepted on the course ! Basically I shouldn't have done it that way but this year is the last year they will fast track a decision on if you can be on the course and so make it possible !... so they know I messed up, I've been forgiven and now it's fingers crossed !

Don't give up hope Nichola. I would jot down any questions you can remember from the interviews and think of how you could have answered them slightly differently, this has helped me in the past ! I think last year I was applying for anything because I was unhappy, but this year I've thought I will try for jobs I'm really interested in and make sure I don't just go for anything out of desparation to leave. It wil happen for you, you have had interviews so you are obviously doing a lot right ... often it could be something totally out of your control that decides it .. I mean a white suit !!

Good luck

Galleon :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)