Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Premises

Can you help with suggestions?

After redundancy in December 2009, a colleague/friend and I have been searching for premises in which to run our own nursery or pre-school, my friend has an early years BA and I am on second year of my foundation degree.

Having done agency work since then, we have both become a little disallusioned, and dread having to work for someone whose ethos and vision is widely different to ours.

We've contacted two local borough EY business support teams, searched on the internet, phoned local churches and sports clubs.

We got very close to a fantastic site sharing premises with an Adventure playground, but we were 'outbid' by an existing provider.

We cannot afford to buy premises, only rent. We do have all resources (from existing employer).

We feel we have so much to offer, and want to do this through passion and vision of creating an enabling, happy environment for children, not with a view to making money.

Our skill is in working with children (as well as management), but clearly not in locating premises ! If anyone has any advice as to ways to locate possible vacant premises I would love to hear.

Thank you.

Sam

Hi Sam

I know of someone, a few years back, who got the list of local schools to phone intending to work through the list speaking to Head teachers to convince just one that she could make a difference to the children's lives in the local community.

...and the first one she phoned was hooked, the rest is now history as she has been on the school site for four years paying a peppercorn rent (compared to my £900.00 per month).

Might be worth getting the phone book out? Good luck, let us know how you get on.

BMG