Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree

Hoping for some help. I am doing degree at Winchester and have to do huge essay on relections on an EYFS care and education plan. Guidelines state need to develop a care and education plan for an individual child to share with family and colleagues, but says to use the EYFS framework in my plan and identofy/produce a resource that can be used with it. I am used to doing IEP's but don't use the EYFS on them, as they are usually SLT targets etc.

Can anyone help explain what this means in simple words please?

sounds as if you need to possibly go down the route of looking wider than an IEP , the clue seems to be in 'care' and 'education' could you not do a plan for a child who is moving house/Mum expecting a baby/ a planned hospital admission or even something like potty training - that way you can look at the EYFS goals you will meet, develop the plan - make a resource ( could be a story or picture book/ potty chart/ something to prepare the child for going to hospital etc) and share this with parents and colleagues to ensure continutity etc - this also covers some of the partnership and working with other professionals bits of the EYFS . :o

Hoping for some help. I am doing degree at Winchester and have to do huge essay on relections on an EYFS care and education plan. Guidelines state need to develop a care and education plan for an individual child to share with family and colleagues, but says to use the EYFS framework in my plan and identofy/produce a resource that can be used with it. I am used to doing IEP's but don't use the EYFS on them, as they are usually SLT targets etc.

Can anyone help explain what this means in simple words please?

This attachment might help you as it uses the EYFS areas of learning?

We use it to discuss the child's next step with the parents and other carers too.

Each key person writes one for her key children and relates it to the child's interests.

Best wishes.

Individual_Plan___targets.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)