Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reflecting On 2010 And 2011 Resolutions/goals

beth1

I thought I would start the new thread this year. Last years here!

2010 goals where:

*Finish ALQ for Feb 1/2 term! Yes but took until May!

*To gain a GCSE grade C or above in English, plus attempt a C grade in Maths BUT be happy with a lower grade! YES! English A BUT still happy with maths D!

*To just enjoy work! :o Would have loved to, if I hadn't been attacked by ear infections!!!

*To attempt to gain a place on the BEd (Hons) Education without QTS. Yipppeeeee managed a place easy.

*Make sure if the above doesn't happen do GCSE Science and resit maths if not a C grade and apply for courses with QTS status too! lol Didn't need it in the end, see above!!!

*To loose at least another 10lbs if not more in weight! Well that never happened more like put it all back on again!

Thank goodness 2010 is nearly over after my rubbish year with several ear infections. I am hoping for a better 2011!

Goals for 2011:

*To complete the BEd (Hons) without QTS degree with 2:2 or above!

*To complete the ALQ module 1 for the guide unit.

*To enjoy running guides with Chilly and get more guides in the unit.

*To be able to hear sounds in my right ear again! (sounds trival to normal hearing people) And also to hope this operation is a sucess and have no more ear infections.

*To be fit and healthly by the end of the year.

*To enjoy work without having time off ill.

*To redo GCSE maths and get that grade C, plus do GCSE Sceince and get grade C.

So did you meet last years and what you going to do in 2011?

Can't remember last years resolutions, but for this year is;

To visit all my FSF friends more regularly.

To grow older a bit more gracefully (ie: reduce the wearing of leather garments to a minimum, or at least in a less mutton dressed as....fashion :o )

To make more time for hubby xD:(

There, all easily achievable. :(

Peggy

less achievable is to get my monthly reports written on time :( but will give it a try. ooh and keep my daily diaries up to date :wacko: pesky paperwork, still have lots even though I'm not in EY's anymore. xD

I didn't make any last years but this year I like Peggy's Idea 'spend more time with hubbie' after a horrid 2010 hoping things will improve for 2011 :o

Would also love to finish this FD with just a pass. roll on May!

To organise my time better I am rubbish at it and always on catch up!

Big Sue

I didn't manage to lose weight last year but going to try again this year. If I can give up smoking after 25 years as a new years resolution I'm sure I can lose weight. My friend has lost 6 stone...yes 6 stone!!! and becomes a Slimming World consultant on the 12th Jan so my resolution starts on the 12th when I join her new class. The leaflet drop for her on the 3rd may help me get started

This was mine last year and I'm pleased to re-read it. I've lost 2 stone 3 1/2lb. Thats two thirds of the weight I want to lose so I'm making my target to lose another stone by next Christmas. They say a slow loss is a better way to keep it off.

It was the unexpected that happen this year that has been hard-sudden death of a close friend, daughters struggles with her mental health, husband with health problems. I'm not looking forward to 2011 for lots of reasons. I think financially it will be a difficult year and we have a milestone to reach we have been dreading and I really don't know what will happen about that...

My friend moved to Australia nine years ago but her marriage hasn't survived. She posted this morning on facebook "my new years resolution is to be happy with what I've got and who i have in my life and never looking back" sounds like a good resolution to me!!

Well just checked mine for last year and i was 'really really going to give up smoking' alas it hasn' happened I am still puffing away xD

I also said I was going to get fitter by using my new Wii regularly - well full of good intentions and all that! I am not particularly unfit but haven't really used the Wii in the way i intended. So what about 2011 mm! it's very nearly here and i haven't made any resolutions other than 'live for today and not worry about what ifs'.

Sadly I have learnt how fragile life is and how it can be gone in a heartbeat so I am aiming for a stress free year and just going with flow on a day to day basis- probably sounds boring but I know what i mean :o

"Mine is to be more organised too!

Stop - thinking about/worrying about/making lists of all the things I need to do and just DO THEM!!!

Go into my spare room/office/dumping ground everyday and throw away/recycle/shred something!!!"

mmmm, on reflection I SORT of got there :( I had a mad recycling, shredding, sorting out session in the last week before Christmas which must have had some effect as a parent asked if I'd spring cleaned early :(

I got all my FD assignments in on time without having to stay up all night and have submitted my first one of Year 3 a week early :( amazing!! now to keep that up until I graduate.....

Also, to count my blessings each day - 2010 has been a difficult year. Our daughter had her appendix removed in August and didn't recover as expected, leading to months of visits to the GP and hospital and many days lost of school in her last year... from that point we'll be glad to leave 2010 behind us now she's fit and well.

2011 has many things to look forward to.. her 16th Birthday, her Prom, my Graduation, her leaving school (gulp!)

and some that may prove to be a challenge....Her Army recruitment BARB test on 4 Jan and application process to follow. If successful she may be living away from home this time next year xD (apparently my face was a picture when we were at the panto on Christmas Eve, booking tickets for next year, when she came out with that little gem :o )

and our sister in law has sadly been told over Christmas that her cancer is inoperable and terminal - it's a particularly virulent form and the Dr's are estimating 6-12 months :wacko: what can you say to someone aged 52?

We'll be aiming to make every day of 2011 count!

Nona

I didnt make any resolutions last year, so didnt let myself down and this year will be the same. I've tried stopping smoking in previous years and have now decided I'm a smoker. End of.

Last year we'd recently been told father-in-law had cancer but it was only during the early months of 2010 that we found out it was inoperable so we've been lucky to have him with us for this christmas.

2011 starts with youngest son turning 18, then mom is 70, oldest son is 21, its our 25th anniversary and our mortgage finishes :oxD

At some point during the year I know we're going to lose father-in-law, so really, while all the milestone celebrations take place a dark cloud is looming.

I'm just going to hope for as much peace as possible, for everyone. :(

i didnt really make any last year, think i was on a if i dont make em i cannot break them kick!!

but i have achieved a lot i belive!

fininshed FD and stated EYPS, so in a year should be finished that!

expanded playground at work by 3 times which was so huge

but on the flip side we didnt get out planning permission and lost our capital grant, but we are appelaing so ..............

my eldset left school! found out both children are dyslexic after many a year of fighting! why i didnt just get them tested myself instead of being fobbed off by schools is beyond me! guess i trusted the schools to do what they said far too much!

as for next year...........

well by the end of it! i am 40, son is 18 other son is 15 so a massive party with a green day tribute band is planned!

i do try to do new things and over the last 5 years have managed that each year! so 2011's new thing - not sure yet!

def going to loose 1.5 stone again, to be back where i was a year ago (after loosing 6!)

xx

Not sure if I made any last year but I've always wanted to be more organised! But that never happens.

2010 wasn't a great year for me but towards the end it became very nice and as a result lots of nice things in store for 2011.

As resolutions go..... be more tidy and organised.

ppp

As resolutions go..... be more tidy and organised.

ppp

Exactly what I said to youngest son yesterday. Today I attempted to take down the tree and decorations so that tomorrow is clean, tidy and organised, but hubby is having none of it. So the tree is staying, but I have taken the baubles off! He might change his mind when he comes home :o

all ready broke mine and its only 4 o'clock. Loose weight and start diet today not next tuesday when ww meeting is. 11.00 piece of christmas cake staring at me saying eat me.

other one was to be more tolerent of inlaws. they turned up at 2.30 the same time most saturdays. stopped everything to talk to them it lasted about 5 minutes before I was being sarcastic (think thats right). Now having to catch up with all jobs that could not do when they were here. Husband will not tell them we are too busy go away or only stay for half and hour.

glad when everyone has gone back to school and husband back to work. I have a few days to do OU catch up, paperwork and maybe shopping without kids and hubbie moaning.

happy new year I think

buttercup