Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open Day

:o I am a volunteer running a new Nursery which opened in September and would like some help/pointers please on recruiting new childreen for September.

I will have 8 children leaving me this summer to start school. So I need to have a reservation list of childrens name that are eligable to start ( 2.1/2 yrs old) in September. (I have been told that the 'Autumn Terms' are usually quiet for pre-schools).

I am going to go to the local Parent and Toddler group that meets up each Tuesday and Thursday, but, would like to have an 'open afternoon'. (as the Nursery only opens in the morning) for potential new children.

Has anyone held one of these?. How have you run this session? Do you have any ideas of how I can word my posters? I'm sure I will have more questions to ask later but, these are just a few.

Thank you, Karen

Hi Kap, you need to advertise. Put posters about yourself in GP's surgeries, local shops etc. Just put the name of the group, hours it runs, ages of children, Ofsted inspected, and most importantly where you are. At the parent/toddler groups have something a bit more detailed, telling about the activities you do, how much the sessions are, and the fun to be had. For the open day, invite the parent/toddler groups for a look round, offer refreshments to entice the adults, have some displays of childrens work, paintings, collage, photos of them at play, having snack, etc. There are loads of other things to say but I've got too out in a minute so I'll leave you in others capable hands. Good luck.