Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

P.e. For Reception

Guest rebeccasmith

Guest rebeccasmith

Does anyone know of some good PE schemes of work for Reception? The DfES website start their schemes of work with year one for all subjects. My LEA (Devon) has a couple of dance schemes for Reception but I have been unable to track down any for gymnastics or games.

Dance schemes of work: www.devon.gov.uk/dcs

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca

In Birmingham we use Top Start, which I know can be bought through Hestair Hope catalogue. This scheme also encourages the use of PE bags to go home with the child and the parents/carers join in activities. xD

Within our nursery we also use Sticky Kids, but can't remember off hand where we got this from. I'm sure it'll come back to me!

I'm not sure any of this post makes sense. :o

We also use the Tops Start materials in our school and concentrate on the Tops Start themes, these aren't too complicated and encourage the children to develop skills of spatial awareness, to develop basic body control skills and ball skills etc, all of which can be built on at KS1.

My children certainly all need to learn how to listen and follow instructions, whilest gaining basic control of themselves and the space. Any games with rules need to be very simple.

Sticky Kids tapes/ CDs are available from underfives website, although I've not bought them.

I did a google search for Foundation stage PE and found an excellent resourse, actually written by the lady who devised the "Tops" materials. An enquiry re cost of purchase put it way out of my price bracket at £50 but might try to persuade the PE coordinator to buy it for me! Can't remember any details though, sorry!

If you find anything else useful, let us know!

Susan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)