Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Super Heroes

Hi all,

Am due to start a super heroes topic after christmas as my boys are mad about them. I have tried to follow some threads and I must say I'm getting myself in to real pickle and cant seem to find much. Ive tried the forum search and other things. Am i just being daft :o

Does anyone have any planning/ideas/thoughts about what I could do please?......Help!! xD

Hi

Someone will come along and point you in the direction of the threads, I'm a bit rusty!!

I know there are a few discussion on the topic as I started a few of them. Have you read Penny Hollands book? I think there is a DFES publication as well which I can't think of right now!

Sorry not been much help really! Good Luck

Hi

Someone will come along and point you in the direction of the threads, I'm a bit rusty!!

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...=zero+tolerance

This not the right way to do a link to a thread and I don't know if it will be of help as it was more around if this type of play was allowed in settings or not. If I get the chance I'll come back and see if I can be of more help!

You could do worse than start with the fab book by Mini Grey - Traction Man.

My last class (21 boys and 9 girls) absolutely adored it and we linked it to loads of different areas of curric and provision - we even designed him a new outfit. The boys created their own superhero outfits - mostly a mix of oversize gardening gloves, big wellies, lots of drapes - oh, and ' power pegs' - wooden dolly pegs as these were new to the children - to peg onto your own clothes or your 'cape'!

Lots of drawings and letter writing in reply to Traction Man's requests for help etc, sentences to describe their own 'powers' - photo stories using action man dolls and other resources from around setting, children wrote teh speech bubbles for these plus sentences to match - I will do comics too next time - plus lists of clothing/items/vehicles a superhero might have / need. You will get loads of ideas just reading the book! I'm sure that a lot of children will receive such types of toys as gifts.

Good luck and have fun!

Jenni

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)