Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Not Using Ofsted Sef!

Some time ago, we had completed and submitted our SEF. In the meantime however we completed a nationally recognised Quality Improvement scheme (which is much more in depth). When our inspector turned up last Autumn she had prepared using the original SEF. I explained we were not using that any more and tried to show our folder of evidence for the QI scheme but she was not interested in the slightest. Later in the day I opened the QI folder at the action plan showing dates when individual actions were completed and what we are working on at the moment. She just turned away and asked a totally different question. It has really made me wonder why we didn't simply do the SEF and I am inclined to do the QI again.

I hate ECER's, finding it now outdated, some of it in conflict with modern teaching, ie Elizabeth Jarmin and not packaway friendly

I'm with you Mundia - I'm not a fan either. I upset the ECERs team (no surprise there) at a conference once when I asked them about the research base for the original ECERs much muffled muttering and fumbling - then they ran away for me during the networking bit! Hey Ho!

pw

• 4 weeks later...

We use our the local authority self evaluation toolkit - i find the wording alot more user friendly and the Every Child Matters section headings: Staying Safe Being Healthy etc although we no longer have a sejar and just have an annual conversation I still used the toolkit last year. We were using the toolkit when ofsted cam 2 years ago and she was fine with it - she was happy to accept this as a rigorous enough self evaluation. Having said that this year I may try looking at the ofsted one again - I only got to the description of our setting last time - such a wus - I tried to be brave but just like snoopy I needed to lie down! :D :blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)