Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Year One Transition....again

For those of you interested in or concerned about the transition form reception to year one, this report

'A Study of the Transition from the Foundation Stage to Key Stage 1'

has just come out (i believe this week in fact) that you find of some interest. I havent read it myself yet, so cant comment on the findings, although I think we can hazard a guess?

You can find it

here

I have been part of a group of schools in Nottingham City LEA who having been looking at different aspects of transition from FU to Year 1. We have produced a document which can be bought form the LEA. We have been lucky enough to be funded for a few meetings this year and will be looking at progress etc after the changes we have implemented september 2004.

There's a small article in TES about this, generally the thrust of it was that children are being put off education because they "spend too much time sitting on the carpet and miss play".

The article goes on to say that NFER researchers concluded that "the foundation stage shouod be offered through reception year and its play-based approached continued into Year 1".

Sounds interesting!

Maz

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently researching different FS to KS1 transition practices for my BA Hons degree. Would be interested to hear about what you have been doing in your LEA and any useful publications produced.

Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)