Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvqc2

:o Hello Everyone

Just had my first review and it didn't go very well, don't think me and my assesser are on the same wave lenght. So need to work very hard.

Can anyone tell me where to find a list or web site that tells you about different cultural practices when it comes to hygiene?

Regards

Joanne

Sorry to hear that all did not go well. :o If you are working till 3 in the morning regularly though you're going to exhaust yourself! You seem to be working on several units at the same time - is this something you have been told to do or is this your chioce? I found it much simpler to concentrate on one unit at a time and complete each one before moving on to the next. :)

I have found this for you. It is from an Nhs site but has some simple pointers about the different hygiene customs you may encounter.

And if you need to come for a bit of sympathy, don't hesitate! :D

Hi Joanne,

Sorry to hear that. Was your assessor specific in what she was unhappy with? The game is not for you to have to guess! If she is not making herself clear in her expectations, you need to pin her down; "What do you need from me?"-type questions. Plan with her, on a bullet list, what exactly she wants you to do before your next meeting.

Don't forget, come back regularly :)

29482[/snapback]

Hi Joanne,

I started in January 05 and have completed E3, C10, and nearly C2. I find it helps to try and finish one Unit off before starting another. If you happen to have some pc,s or knowledge left then state them clearly on your next Assessment Planner so your Assessor can offer direct questions.

I was panicking and trying to complete lots of work every night as well as working and looking after two children and felt like quitting but if you try and do the above it should help.

Remember, you do have a life outside of NVQ!! :D

TEEJ

Thanks to everyone for their sympathy. I am doing one unit at a time but I dont feel my assessor is explaining what she wants from me. Two of us started at the same time and the other person has had the same review. We weren't told what relective accounts were or how to produce evidence like diary accounts weve had to guess what to do. We both feel we would like to complain but feel its hard to put an exact finger on what they are not doing to help. E.g we spend 2.5 hours there talking, asking quesions and both come out more confused and finally give up and try to understand it ourselves. If it was only myself that felt that way I wouldn't question the methods but both or us?

Regards

Joanne

Well don't struggle along without help. There are plenty of us here to offer a guiding hand. :) Do you think you understand reflective accounts etc now or is this something you are still confused over?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)