Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re Observation

Hi everyone.

I am just thinking about a lesson observation that I have coming up for RE. The current theme is gifts (catholic school - here i am). I am up to the learning objective ' appreciate that a gift is something special and important, given to someone by somebody else'.

I would like to follow the input with some prayers of thanks in small groups to put onto the prayer table, but I can't think of anything exciting to do for the whole group bit. Any ideas....anything related to gifts would do!

any help greatly appreciated

Lucie

Hi Lucie,

Sorry I can't really help, just wanted to share a website that is usually helpful. I often find the Here I Am topics a little uninspiring, but the Hexham and Newcastle website http://www.edurcdhn.org.uk/school/cur_re_p...pri_hereiam.php usually has good ideas and assessment resources as well as collective worship ideas. Unfortunately at the moment it is not up to date which is unusual for this site as it normally has resources as soon as we start a new topic, so it may be worth looking back at it in the future. Good luck with the observation,

Rosie

Edited by RosieC

Hi everyone.

I am just thinking about a lesson observation that I have coming up for RE. The current theme is gifts (catholic school - here i am). I am up to the learning objective ' appreciate that a gift is something special and important, given to someone by somebody else'.

I would like to follow the input with some prayers of thanks in small groups to put onto the prayer table, but I can't think of anything exciting to do for the whole group bit. Any ideas....anything related to gifts would do!

any help greatly appreciated

Lucie

Hi Lucie,

We played Pass the Parcel with a 'gift' that I'd brought in for the class. The children got really excited as we slowly unwrapped it and we were able to talk about how it made them feel to receive a gift from someone. I then asked them to bring in some gifts from home which we shared at news time. I asked the children to tell everyone about who gave them the gift and why it was special to them. We also read the story 'Kipper's Birthday' by Mick Inkpen just to start us off thinking about how gifts make us feel.

Hope the observation goes well!

Teresa.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)