Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E215

Buttercup

I have been to tutorial today still none the wiser. I am really stuck on how to critically evaluate the findings from my tour and conference. I have decided which four areas to focus on. One being my child was really interested in our growing area and said thats where we grew tomatoes and asked can we grow them again. I thought this would be good to use but am struggling with how to evaluate it.

Can anyone put me in the right direction or give me an example of what they did so I can go in the right direction.

Many thanks

Buttercup

I have been to tutorial today still none the wiser. I am really stuck on how to critically evaluate the findings from my tour and conference. I have decided which four areas to focus on. One being my child was really interested in our growing area and said thats where we grew tomatoes and asked can we grow them again. I thought this would be good to use but am struggling with how to evaluate it.

Can anyone put me in the right direction or give me an example of what they did so I can go in the right direction.

Many thanks

Buttercup

Hi

Sorry you have had no response so far. I was kind of holding back as it is ages since I did E215 and I have recently put all my old coursework in a sealed box in the loft!!

I think you need to remember that the purpose of carrying out the research during this course is that you are looking at your practice through the eyes of the child. The tour is the first 'piece' of the mosaic approach and over the rest of the course your findings from the tour will 'link up' with your findings from your research using the other mosaic tools - you will end up with a 'picture' of your practice. You need to really reflect on your research findings and try to apply reflexivity too when doing so.

The example you give of the tomatoes may not seem like much but try thinking outside the box! OK so the child asked if he could grow some more - the easy option would be to assume he liked it and wants to do it again but you could do so much more than this - delve into your practice and see what you could learn from what the child has told you (remember the 3 layer model??!).

I don't really think that giving an example of what I did is helpful as the research is so personalised both to the child and the setting.

I am not saying it's easy but you will get there, there is lots of good 'stuff' in the course material to link to. If you really find it dififcult to evaluate your findings try it another way - is there a 'statement' in the course material that you found quite profound? try taking something that has 'grabbed you' and then looking at your findings to see you if you evaluate that way.

hope this helps and good luck

Many thanks

Buttercup

I am not much help as I am feeling the same way

My TMA sounds like a story, I have a day this week here I am going to give it my all and hope. I have spent this weekend doing pre-school work in prep for Chrismas and find it difficult at moment to fit all the reading etc in I am not a fam of the TGF either they are so time consuming

Sue

Ps I can't make tutourials so rely on course info and minutes from tutourials not ideal but its the only way

Edited by Bigsue

Thanks Gereldine for responding. Ou is great for not being tied to college each week but you seem to be totally on your own when trying to work out what is needed in tma's. Thanks for what you wrote it has helped.

Sue I have managed to go to the tutorial but have come back after travelling 100 miles round trip thinking what a waste of time. I think what I was wanting is examples of how to we write it. Bit like we get for eyclo's at least you know you are on the right lines. Mines going to be same as you hope for the best.

Buttercup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)