Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visual Literacy

Do you use film or TV clips with your children to inspire literacy?

If so, where do you get your clips from? How do you search for them?

What have you used? What has been successful?

Maybe. like me, this is something you need to do!

Google 'The story spinner', there are some good stories on there. Michael Rosen also tells 'We're going on a Bear Hunt' on youtube. They are not TV or film clips but very interesting and a good start for children's writing.

My Deputy Head and I are going on a "Twlight" tomorrow all about how to use a new resource which provides free video and film clips... will post how we get on with it.

Hi Jane can you elaborate on how you saved from You Tube please?

Lorna

Hi Lorna,

After downloading the software (I used keepvid.com but there are millions to choose from), every time I watch a video on Youtube a little icon comes up in the top right corner of the video asking if I want to download it (as my mouse hovers over it) - it's very simple

I then convert the file into a format such as .wmp so that I can watch it on Windows Media Player. Then I just store it on my memory stick or as part of a PowerPoint presentation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)