Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

St George's Day

Hi everyone !!!

Just thought I would pick brains. It is good old St George's Day soon (23/4) and I can't think of anything to do in preschool. St Patrick's was heaven..... now I need inspiration..... or this could be hell!!!!

My headache doesn't help :oxD , can you????

love

kizzy xx :(

oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kit-kat

Happy Birthday for St George's Day xxx that's a good enough excuse for having no ideas.... just enjoy....

kizzy :o

Hi Kizzy,

All I can think of, off the top of my head is to look at a union Jack flag as a symbol for our country, look on a globe where our country is, make union jacks with red and blue felts and lollipop sticks the children could make sandcastles and put flags in them, or you could make bunting for outside-counting. children could peg these onto a washing line themselves. Retell story of St George and the dragon simply, share happy dragon stories. you could laminate a dragon picture and place with playdough or in sand.

Sure others will come up with some good ideas

Lynda.

and have a happy birthday kit-kat

Hello luv,

St georges day cakes - white icing, strawberry laces

" " flags - obvious

Knight drawings to colour in

If you have a castle with horses or farm with horses, jousting with straws.

St G's day shields.

Home corner - medieval kitchen - mushroom box - straw - red wool - as fire, little grill tray, food on top for cooking area etc. You are queen of home corners.

Ok brain drain now........

hope these have helped

net xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD

Hi Kizzy

If you are going to do flags, which are always simple and the children love waving them, then it should be the England flag not the Union Jack. When we have made them they have simply drawn a red cross on a piece of card and attached them to a lolly stick.

Linda

Sorry Kizzy,

Linda's quite right, hadn't got my brain in gear,

That,s what's good about this forum. It's like bouncing ideas off each other and that's team work

Thanks Linda

Lynda

Thanx everyone.

Gr8 ideas, keep them coming!!!!!

Love the lolly stick flags Linda, must look out my lolly stick supply when I get back to work......

We must promote our patron saint's day more....... inclusion of muti-cultural festivals!!!!!!

love kizzy xx :o

• 1 year later...

My grandson enjoyed having his face painted white background, red cross for the England world cup to show his patriotism :D

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)