Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted And Maintained Nuresery

Just a query really, hearing things that are happening after ofsteds. Am a maintained nursery in Kent built about 6 years ago when many were being built the same. we use the kitchen for a group to have snack in and cook, however have been told by one nursery that they did the same and were told by ofsted not to use kitchen as they had a kettle, unplugged, on show. Also the medical room was used for storage as we do and they were told to clear it and use it for what it was intended although they did not suggest how to go about taking 2 adults to be with child and then leaving one to suppervise the other 24! has any body else been told this? Also other nurseries around my area are now employing a fourth person so they have smaller groups and actual break times. They are also now only having one adult led activity whereas we have always had 2? Any info welcome

Thanks

Just a query really, hearing things that are happening after ofsteds. Am a maintained nursery in Kent built about 6 years ago when many were being built the same. we use the kitchen for a group to have snack in and cook, however have been told by one nursery that they did the same and were told by ofsted not to use kitchen as they had a kettle, unplugged, on show. Also the medical room was used for storage as we do and they were told to clear it and use it for what it was intended although they did not suggest how to go about taking 2 adults to be with child and then leaving one to suppervise the other 24! has any body else been told this? Also other nurseries around my area are now employing a fourth person so they have smaller groups and actual break times. They are also now only having one adult led activity whereas we have always had 2? Any info welcome

Thanks

I'm also in kent and we have a maintained nursery too. I think it depends on the inspector you have and what they are focussing on too. We had ofsted a year ago and although they spent a long time in nursery class with the chn (are on entry levels are very low) they focussed on the chn's abilities rather than anything else. They then spent a LOT of time looking at tracking info and SATs results etc. To be honest I think they have such little time it is a lot to fit in. If that was all they had come up with I would be happy with that! We did very well with outstanding in many areas and we too use our disabled toilet as a cupboard and sometimes use the kitchen for cookery too so it is not always the same!

PS where abouts are you- I am trying to arrange some visits to other nurseries if you are localish to me?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)