Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sensitive Off Topic Thread About Hormones

Hello Kitty

Hello, I read your post and felt so sad for you.

I had a miscarriage in between my two children and it is so devastating. I also had post natal depression after my first child 5 years ago. I aggree with most that it might be good for you to see your GP, sometimes when you have been through a lot both emotionally and physically your body cries out for attention. The best thing I ever did was see a doctor and get support. I did take anti depressants for about 6 months which helped (something to do with the reduced seretone levels) but better than this was going for CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). It was brilliant and has changed the way I view myself and how I tackle stress in my life. It may sound fluffy but it is more than just spilling the beans to a person you don't know. At the end you really get to understand your self (when do we ever have the time for looking within!) It takes guts to put your hands up and say I need help so I think that you have been very brave to share your thoughts. Best wishes xx

Glad you're going to see the nurse practioner and I hope she can help, either directly or by finding the next person for you to speak to.

When I came back to work after the Easter holidays when I'd miscarried on Easter Monday (little one would have been 9 this Autumn) one of the mum's had had her baby in the holidays, and brought him in & plonked him in my arms. She had no idea I'd been pregnant, or that I now wasn't. And I managed to say something 'normal' and pass him on quickly and vanish off to 'check the toilets'. When I went onto have son2, I never gave him to people to hold unless they asked first.

Hi Kitty,

I am sorry to hear what you have been going through since last year. I can certainly understand that seeing Christmas things already around us can bring sad memories and that is totally normal. You are still in your mourning process, which has its ups and downs. Add to that your recent lost. A big hug for you in these moments. Yet, think of this... you did get to be blessed with 2 daughters and that is also a big joy. I did not even have that. My joy is "compensated" with a wonderful husband and lots of 5 year olds who keep me "young" year by year (I am 48 now). Hormones are tricky and can affect fertility. My sister had 7 miscarriages due to that. A friend of mine "couldn't" get pregnant and the Dr got her into infertility pills and even IV when it was only a matter of... hum, forgot the name, something related with excessive bleeding around the uterus? Well, when it was discovered, she was treated for that and then she had a beautiful baby boy just naturally. So, fertility is not as easy as many people think and it gets more difficult once we have passed 35. I wish you all the best and, meanwhile, keep enjoying the great gift of your 2 princesses :o

Edited by SmileyPR