Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anti-bullying Week

We are using lots of mini stories from SEAL materials. Which, of course, is no help to you if you do not have that.

There is also some videos on Teachernet which you may find useful.

http://www.teacher.tv/videos/bullied-appearance

Have you also looked at www.bullying.co.uk and kidscape.org.uk

Im doing all my planning on this tomorrow, so have not looked at any links etc yet - but have been given them as starting points.

Hope this helps a bit!

I am focusing on 'what is a friend?' (What does a friend do? What does a friend say? What can we do with our friends?) and moving on to having problems with friends and how to deal with that. I don't mention bullying at all - if it comes up I try and explain it simply, but sometimes children (not necessarily those in EYFS)/their parents use the word bullying when, yes something may have happened, but it has been or is being dealt with - and isn't the same as bullying.

I am worrying about using the Bullying term but the whole school is having a big push using the same activities and I dont feel I have a choice. But I totally agree!

In my daughters school they are having a day when the children can wear BLUE, to represent;

Be Loving and Understanding to Everyone

So, maybe not a uniform change as too late in the day to organise, but some other 'blue' themed activities might be an idea.

Peggy

Ah Peggy I love that idea - something to think about for next year for us though! Mind you, as sweatshirts are blue (well, navy) maybe they could all come with lots of blue accessories!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)