Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help-planning!

Our setting is currently re-assessing the planning and I'm looking for ideas. Can anyone help, please!

I don't think our setting currently plans around individual needs. Can anyone explain to me how they plan around individual needs and any forms would be good too.

We currently obs the child and assess next steps but fnd it hard to implement. I think having new forms will help.

When you obs a child do you then plan for only one area of learning? How do you make sure you follow their next step up. Do you have a form for this, to ensure staff are doing this?

Sorry, lots of questions, but trying to get my head round it all.

I actually went on a course about planning today.

They said you can/should plan from a specific observation. We watched a video about a boy playing with a police station. We did an observation and from that observation did a brainstorm about what you could do next to capture his and other childrens imagination. Obviously we went down the police route. They then gave us an example of a sheet to enhance play provision indoors and outdoors in the different areas, including the resources needed and the opportunities. This would then be your medium term plan. These could be small things that'll spark an interest rather than spending ages on a new role-play. They also had a short-term plan for focussed activities. You would attach the observation to the planning as well so you show where the planning is coming from.

I think the quality of your observations are important too.

This is only an example and sorry having only just got it in paper form I'm not able to put it on here.

I'm sorry for the waffling and hope its of some help. I'm returning to teaching so thats the best I can do at the moment :o

Have seen some other planning posts on here too which might be helpful.

Hope you find some answers xx

Sorry me again!

Also having a planning meeting with the children involved. What have they liked/disliked?

Where would they like to go next?

There is an example of this on Teacher TV

Sorry me again!

Also having a planning meeting with the children involved. What have they liked/disliked?

Where would they like to go next?

There is an example of this on Teacher TV

Thanks for the ideas. We currently observe the child and then find next steps from this but sometimes find that it focuses on the same areas of learning, over and over again. Plus if I get quite a few obs within a small time scale, do I need to have next steps for each obs.

Am sure I will work out the best way for our setting plus am reading through the other planning threads.

Thanks again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)