Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reading Books

Hello.....

I have been given a pot of money for books.......what I wanted to do is to create a choosing box with multiple copies of certain books...Nusery have a box like this and the children choose a book after tidy up time when they sit and wait for everyone to come into the quiet room.....what books would you suggest for my box?......traditional tales?.....or any specific books which are good for initial reading.....Nursery box includes some of the following... Peace at Last....Handa Surprise........Spot the dog books.........The hungry caterpillar......so by the time the chn come into reception they can retell these stories so I want my box to be different...I would also like books that encourage independent reading....so as the chn progress through letters and sounds they can read them independently.....

Thank you for your help......just want to spend my money wisely.....

we use the core book list to choose quality books for the children, i would recoomend having a few that are the same as nursery as it is important tohave some texts that are familar to them and its aids transiton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)