Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Essay Introduction

Hello

I am after a little bit of advice on how to start the introduction for my essay. I have not written an essay in over 20 years so I am struggling a bit.

The assignment is

"with reference to at least one area of learning and development explain the role of the early years practitioner in implementing the principles, themes and commitments of the early years foundation stage".

Do I write the question out and answer it, the role of the EY practitioner is to..........

or do I go straight into the introduction, the role of the EY practitioner as stated in the EYFS is ............. then link it to the principle, children develop and learn............. or something along those lines!!

also while I am on the subject I am looking at linking these theorists to the assignment Bandura, Brunner, Piaget, Skinner and Vygotsky..........am I on the right track.

please please help me I am very nervous about this as it is my 1st assignment I am trying to get the intro right and once I have got that I am hoping the rest will flow.

AM x

Hi there I am probably not the best to give advice on writing essays as I struggle myself. The one thing I find useful is to not think to much about the introduction, just more about what you do know around the subject area. Get that written down first. It may be a bad habit but sometimes I write my intro at the end as I then can clarify completely what I have been disscussing.

Sorry if this has just confused you I am in my final year and still don't know the best approach its just what works for you good luck!!!!

Sal123

etc.

Hello

I am after a little bit of advice on how to start the introduction for my essay. I have not written an essay in over 20 years so I am struggling a bit.

The assignment is

"with reference to at least one area of learning and development explain the role of the early years practitioner in implementing the principles, themes and commitments of the early years foundation stage".

Do I write the question out and answer it, the role of the EY practitioner is to..........

or do I go straight into the introduction, the role of the EY practitioner as stated in the EYFS is ............. then link it to the principle, children develop and learn............. or something along those lines!!

also while I am on the subject I am looking at linking these theorists to the assignment Bandura, Brunner, Piaget, Skinner and Vygotsky..........am I on the right track.

please please help me I am very nervous about this as it is my 1st assignment I am trying to get the intro right and once I have got that I am hoping the rest will flow.

AM x

Hi, I got a good degree so I must be okay at this.

I was always taught that an introduction should not just be a list of what was going to come in the essay, nor should it be simply repeating the question.

What it should try and do is give a 'flavour' of what your essay will be about, which is easy to say and hard to do.

My advice would be to write the rest of your essay first and then go back and do the introduction, giving the reader a sense of what your overall 'take' on the question will be.

By the way, why do they have to phrase these essay questions so that they sound so high brow and confusing!!? It really annoys me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)