Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Half Term Assessment Reception

Hi everyone, i am just looking at my tracking sheets and havent got photographic or video evidence of certain chn at scale points 1-3. Do you think it is ok this week to set up some activities that are adult directed to see if chn can...for instance count reliably up to 3 objects. It is difficult catching 28 chn doing these scale points all the time. There is about 5 chn in my class who im not sure can do this. Can i set up an activity for the Nursery nurse to do with them? or would this not be good practice? would love you advice on this

Hi everyone, i am just looking at my tracking sheets and havent got photographic or video evidence of certain chn at scale points 1-3. Do you think it is ok this week to set up some activities that are adult directed to see if chn can...for instance count reliably up to 3 objects. It is difficult catching 28 chn doing these scale points all the time. There is about 5 chn in my class who im not sure can do this. Can i set up an activity for the Nursery nurse to do with them? or would this not be good practice? would love you advice on this

Just to mention you don't need a photograph or video of every single child completing every single scale point. You are allowed to just say "well actually I know they can do it I just haven't got a picture of it" and your professional judgement would be trusted at moderation. Of course if you aren't sure whether they can do it at all then you could use your continuous provision to encourage them to use these skills (such as when playing in the role play with them perhaps say "let's set the table for the three bears" at an appropriate moment and then see if they can do it).

Remember if you are setting up a specific adult led activity and directing them to do something then you can't say you have seen it 70% of the time in child initiated, independent activities which means that you shouldn't really be awarding the scale point.

My understanding was that you didn't need to assess against the profile until later in year. I'm still looking at 30-50 and 40-60 mths statements and ELGs. That's what I was told to do. I did start to look at profile scales but was told there was no requiremetn to do so.... now I'm confused....

xx

My understanding was that you didn't need to assess against the profile until later in year. I'm still looking at 30-50 and 40-60 mths statements and ELGs. That's what I was told to do. I did start to look at profile scales but was told there was no requiremetn to do so.... now I'm confused....

xx

I totally agree Quinny popcorn go back a look at the EYFSP handbook your professional judgement is valid! As you gather evidence you can eventually mark off s ome scale points. Many of scale points 1 - 3 you will begin to see as they settle in.

Lorna

My county have asked for a baseline score based on the profile so I am updating my profiles now, but kind of do it continually as I reference all obs to scalepoints to build up a picture of the children. But I also look at the development matters so i know which age bands children are working within for my planning. I am going to track a coiuple of children on the 30-50 months until they are working securely on 1-3 scale points as they are currently achieving low. Hope that makes sense. Someone correct me if you disagree! K x

I find this really useful.

I probably got it from FSF sometime last year but we even use it to do our planning from now to show differentiated LO.

30504060elgs.doc

I like the way it shows where the profile points fit into the developmental matters statements.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)