Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Your Lea - Helpful And Supportive Or Not?

For what its worth and my view on this is that everyone that has posted on this thread is passionate about what they do; some front line working with children, some woling for LA's supporting settings.

My biggest observation here is that no one is having "a go" at any individual what so ever it is more about how Local Authorities order their house and the differing ways they do or don't help where it is felt help is needed.

So it is a top level thing really, how do Chief Executives gauge or know what support is wanted or needed; do they ask/listen to providers? do they get feedback from their front line staff? do they use Ofsted reports?

So do you know your "top dog" do they come out and meet with providers/visit settings? Maybe we should campaign to get them out and about more.

If I have upset anyone then please be assured that is not my intention, I am just offering another viewpoint.

BMG

Edited by BMG

What a can of worms I have opened - whoops, sorry!

I can see that my mistake was to allude to the current cuts, when what I should really have been focusing on was my frustration at being given the run around when I had a very simple question.

Of course it must be very worrying for those in LEAs at the moment, and I apologise if I came over as insensitive, which I suspect I did. However, I do still question why it is that I can only pay my staff a rate that is just above the minimum wage for the incredible work that they do. But that is as much the government's fault as the LEA's, although when I see a funding rate of £3.17 at some authorities that absolutely terrifies me.

I'd also suggest that the LEA experience clearly differs across the country and it is not my 'fault' that my LEA has not proved as effective as some others.

Anyway, am I allowed to suggest that we close the discussion here as I have absolutely no intention of upsetting people? Once again I apologise to all those very hard working LEA teams who post on here and who support their local settings so well. I do hope everything works out fine for you this week, as we have heard education is supposedly going to be protected, so fingers crossed. On a final note, my own (paid) employment relies quite heavily on the education sector, and so I too am concerned about potential cuts that could mean I can no longer 'afford' to give of my own time so freely.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)