Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Promethean Whiteboards And Shapes

Dennie

I hope someone can help with a couple of questions.

We have just acquired a Promethean Whiteboard and the Active Primary software. We are able to use the pen tools, text and colour but there is nothing in the shapes section. Does this need to be downloaded from Promethean Planet or is there something missing from our software package?

Likewise there is nothing in the library yet. Do we need to organise our own library section or should there already be something sitting there at least by default. Sorry for the basic questions but so far we have had no training on the board.

Many thanks Dennie

When our package was fitted ours had shapes with it - the school i am in now already has it on. I would say if that's all that missing then it should be there?

As for the library are you looking in your personal library or the shared library. (at the top of the window is there one head highlighted? as apposed to two heads together for a shared library - its the shared library you want)

Your personal library is saved to you whereas the shared library is saved in a central place so every user has access.

Hope this helps

I do have shapes which came with the software but they are red by default and I can't work out how to change their colour. Does anyone know how to do this?

Hi all

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I should have the shapes there and there is a problem with the software. Regarding the library. there is nothing in any part of the library, shared or otherwise.

Dennie

Thought I'd let you know that I went to Promethean Planet, put in our registered details and was able to download the resource packs from their website. We now have all the shapes, topic areas and sounds.

Hope that might help someone else in the future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)