Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Rhyme Ideas

Hi all,

Just had the dates for my first observation of the year :S from both the head teacher and deputy head!

The umberella theme will be Nursery Rhymes and the focus of the observation is KUW....

Has anyone got any 'outstanding' ideas that they can share....

Has anyone got any Nursery Rhyme planning...

Really want to make a good impression.....needs something exciting that will really get the chn motivated... also any ideas of what to put in the areas to enhance them particularly the numeracy area and the writing area??

Help is greatly appreciated....

Thank you

Sarah x

Humpty Dumpty

I did a great lesson in Nursery based aroiund Humpty Dumpty for theweek. Ideas included, making scvrambled, boiled, solidiers and egg etc. Decorating boiled egg. But my main lesson observation using HD WAS POsitional language.

Igot the chn to build a wall out of the construction bricks and they all had a HD Finger puppet, will upload the lesson plan instead of me going through it all that would ne easier. As for mak making, chn can design their wall first in a lesson for HD before building it.

21.1.09.doc

21.1.09.doc

21.1.09.doc

For KUW, YOU COULD Link Grand ole Duke of York to making soldiers and trying soldiers and egg.

If you go to DLTK's growing together website there are loads of nursery rhyme activities on thee. Also go to ngfl northumberland there is a great website with lods of nursery rhyme activities, including sequencing etc. Ive nt got my memory stick with me right now, but will forward you more stuff tomorow

That will keep you busy for now. I'll keep thiking of ideas for you chic

xx

For KUW, YOU COULD Link Grand ole Duke of York to making soldiers and trying soldiers and egg.

If you go to DLTK's growing together website there are loads of nursery rhyme activities on thee. Also go to ngfl northumberland there is a great website with lods of nursery rhyme activities, including sequencing etc. Ive nt got my memory stick with me right now, but will forward you more stuff tomorow

That will keep you busy for now. I'll keep thiking of ideas for you chic

xx

oh.....I'll have a look now :) Thank you Popcorn.....much appreciated xx