Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With Baby Topic....

Hello, i need some ideas for a couple of girls who love to play with the dolls and prams, i just wonderd if you lovely lot had any unusual ideas, thank you.

How about turning the role play area into a baby clinic? Could have scales to weigh, tape measures, books/charts to record on, real nappies and wipes... Also what about reading the story 'Peepo' by the Ahlbergs, one of my favourite stories ever, my son loved it when he was little. Reading it now makes me well up! Another one by them is 'The baby catalogue'. Does anyone have a baby sibling that they could bring in and talk about? Can't think of anything else at the moment!

We go on a visit to the baby clinic at the local dr's surgery. The children all take a 'baby' (teddy, doll etc) and when we're there they weigh their baby, practice changing it's nappy, washing it. It's great fun and the health visitor is very patient!

It's good if you can get a visit from a new born/toddler: we have been so lucky the last few years with mums having babies! We think of questions we want to ask prior to the visit and they are good at remembering them during the visit.

What about looking at photos of the children when they were babies? Can they identify each other from the photos, and talk about how they have changed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)