Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Profile...

Hi everyone,

I've been in Reception for 2 years but have a little boy who is making me feel like it is my first year again! He is absolutely gorgeous and a delight to have in the classroom - unfortunately his transition from a very boring paperwork side of things has been less than that! I have not been given a record of transfer or profile from nursery - they say they didnt do ROT and mum has profile - mum says she hasn't!? Argh!

He has a statement for his language needs and speaks about his autism (something mum does not believe and apparently his paediatrician questions?) so has one to one support 25 hrs. Unfortunately I've been away from school with illness and as he is only in part time at the moment, I am guessing he is roughly working at 36 months or so - do I carry on from this age range or go to the 'school' profile points, I'm completely confusing myself!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :o

I would say go from where he is now, whatever 'level' that is. Bit odd though that autism is on statement if medical people don't think he's got it?! Unless I've read that wrong.....?

No - you've read it right! Hence why it is taking so long to know the right amount of support he needs etc...

I'd hate to say, still being new to teaching, but personally there are only a few autistic traits - and which child doesn't have those!?

Thanks for the reply, I will go from the age ranges i think are right!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)