Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Starters Of Foundation Degrees?

Guest colechin

Just finished my first paper on 'A reflective Practitioner' struggled to cut down the words to 2500, have gone over by 10%.

Just need to do my 5 minute video of my setting and then it needs sending in by this Monday.

Glad its done, I have spent lots of time over the Christmas holiday to finish it.

x

Yay you well done.

I got the grade back from my 1st assignment on "the effect of divorce and seperation on emotional development" and got a B am now working on assignment 2 which is due in in a week and abit :-(

Happy New Year!!! :o

I have finally completed my 1st assignment on 'supporting childrens learning' and it is ready for handing in. (yippppeeeeeee) Lets hope it passes!! How is everyone else getting on?

AM x

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry it's me again!!!!

Do all students completing the Foundation Degree's in Early Years at a University have the same modules to complete, the same as students doing an OU degree? And are they in the same order, if you do?

My first year is

Essential Study and ICT skills

Supporting Children's Learning in the Foundation Stage

How children Learn and Develop

Stories and Story Telling

AM :o

Good to know you have finished your first paper on a reflective practitioner. I just started my assignment.

Writing my introduction,myself and context was a bit of a struggle,but in the end I did sent it ,am waiting for a feedback from them.

My next one on line is how i carried out the assignment ethically? I need help please!

Also, at present ,I only have before and after school children that I am caring for (childminder) hence ,I am going to use another childminder one.is that ok?does any one have any ideas? please

• 1 month later...

Hello

Just to keep you all upto date........I PASSED!! Yippppppeeeeeeeee

1st assignment back and marked and I got 62 marks which is a 2.1...so I am a very happy chappy!

I now have 3 more assignments and an exam to do before June....so fingers crossed they all go ok. As long as I pass this year I will be happy.

How is everyone else getting on?

AM x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest colechin
Hello

Just to keep you all upto date........I PASSED!! Yippppppeeeeeeeee

1st assignment back and marked and I got 62 marks which is a 2.1...so I am a very happy chappy!

I now have 3 more assignments and an exam to do before June....so fingers crossed they all go ok. As long as I pass this year I will be happy.

How is everyone else getting on?

AM x

Congratulations on passing your first assignment.

It seems to me, that depending on were you are studying, we all have different assignments to do. I have been told that my first year is a pass or fail for the assignments and not year (Year 20) they will mark against points.

I was happy to hear that I had passed my first assignment and now working on my next 2 which need to be in at the end of March.

I have spent all day today of the computer and my neighbour says I look like a zombie!

I have now got mental block, as i do not know how to start off my next assignment. Isn't that ridiculous! I know once I start, I will get in to the flow it's just looking at that blank piece of paper.

I have to write a reflective account of my beliefs and values in relation to enabling and supporting children's learning and development. A long title!

If anyone can help (not with a kick up the back side, as my dad use to say) with some prompters that would be great, or anything you think is relevant, I would much appreciate it as, a am thinking it's Friday and an early tipple of red wine may help with the mental bloke.

If I do not hear from any one, have a great week end all. I know what I'll be doing!!!!! and it will not be enjoying myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

LOL I just stumbled across this post when I was looking for something else so over one year on from this....hoes everyones degrees going? got that 2nd year panic? that cut funding feeling? that OMG i have to re-take GCSEs before I complete the year nightmare?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)