Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Play Leaflets

Hello.

Am trying to find where I can get some more of the EYFS outdoor play leaflets for parents. Does anyone know where I could get a copy from??

Or anything else which I can give to a parent who has made a complaint about me taking her children out in the rain last Friday!!! :o

Many thanks!

xx

Hi

I make my own update them when needed and quote EYFS with extra points when parent is being funny.

Its an unhill battle but you will get there!!!

My children got drenched last Friday and out of 24 not one parent complained but I have been working on this for about 18months

You are right to take children outside ALL weather just appropriate clothing and a change of clothes is helpful. Often I look at our childrens bags and I am surprised they haven't brought a suitcase as they now have sooooo much in them.

Sue

Like BigSue we do our own. We found it really important to add about correct clothing. My leaflet states about always having the right type of clothing every time they are in.

We too got wet and muddy in the forest, thick clay type mud and not one of my 24 childrens complained or did there parents but we had talked about it during open morning sessions.

Hi Sennensal, I could not find your early years web site but I am too looking at ways to inform parents about the benefits of outdoor play especially at this time of year when some parents still believe if their child goes outside to play in the rain they will become really ill!