Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psrn Ideas

Hi

Can anyone share new ideas/ games for counting and teaching number recognition???

I have been singing lots of number songs using fingers and chn acting out the songs but now I need some new ideas

Fun ideas that will excite the chn........just simple games/ ideas to be done at carpet time

I dont want to use number fans again and again...

Thank you

Hi

Can anyone share new ideas/ games for counting and teaching number recognition???

I have been singing lots of number songs using fingers and chn acting out the songs but now I need some new ideas

Fun ideas that will excite the chn........just simple games/ ideas to be done at carpet time

I dont want to use number fans again and again...

Thank you

I don't know if this will help but we've introduced something call numicon and it's brilliant. Google it and have a look! I play a game the kids absolutely love. Sit them in a circle. Put numbers in order on carpet to 5, or 10 or 20 depending on level. Send 1 child away and take 1 away. Child comes back and has to work out what is missing. For brighter kids could take 2 or mix the numbers up, let them work out how they could solve the solution. In the past I've put sticker sheets up around the room for each child. When they get a sticker or stamp they put it on the number. Unintentionally for me they starting counting how many they had, how many to go, how many more than the next person. PSRN done! Unfortunately I don't have the room for this now as the classroom is tiny.