Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Receiving A Grant For Nvq 3

Dear Everyone.

I really am enjoying this site. Some excellent ideas.

I have just heard that I have been refused a grant to do my NVQ 3. This is on the grounds that I work in a Primary School Nursery. It seems a bit unfair.

The school have said from the beginning that they are unable to pay for me to do it.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Does anyone know any other places where I could apply to?

Thanks

Yolande

Who refused you the grant??

Have you tried your local EYDCP? or maybe your local College may be able to give you some grant advice, or your local adult education centre.

Good Luck.

Peggy

Hi Yolande

Are other people you know from other settings being funded to do their NVQ 3? If so, it doesn't sound like you are being offered true equality of opportunity!

I would follow Peggy's advice - always very sound!

Good luck in getting the funding you need.

Maz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - hope you've got that grant sorted out now - I work in a primary school in year 3 and I've got my grant for NVQ level 3- school were messing around so I went straight to Early Years Dept - no problem as long as I worked or lived in the county (Oxfordshire) they would pay all except £50! Hope you get it. :)

Hi, I was refused funding for an NVQ3 as I work in a Reception class and EYDCP were only fundingcouses for people working in non-maintained settings. If I paid for the course myself it would cost me £800, but if I received funding my employers would pay £300 and have £200 reimbursed when I finish the course.

The course leader worked really hard to secure funding for me and another lady who works in a school as we were the only 2 to have been refused at first. This took 6 months!! So, persevere with EYDCP etc. You may be lucky.

jackie

• 3 weeks later...

I applied to sure start for funding for my course which I happily received, why not contact sure start to see if they still have monies available for funding.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)