Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Appeal Children

Hi,

I was told by my Head today that we have to take the 2 children whose appeals to get into our school were heard yesterday. This is due to an error being made when the addmissions were dealt with and someone being offered a place that shouldn't have been, hence we have to take these two extra children. My concern is that we are a one form entry primary school with no Nursery, so I am the only Foundation Stage class. I already have 30 children and these extra two will take me to 32. I have a TA who works full time Monday - Thursday. We already have two children who we are trying to get statements for and there are several other quite challenging children in the class. I have had the children in full time for 3 weeks now and was just starting to feel like things were starting to calm down and the children were starting to settle, but am really worried that when these two new children start on Monday (both of which are known to me as we already have their siblings - one is very boistrous and the other doesn't speak English!) are going to unsettle things again.

Any advice anyone?!

Thank you!

Rosie

I had exactly this lasy year and went up to 32, luckily another child left so I went down to 31. But one of the extra one's turned out to be the most challenging! I don't think its right but unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it as far as I'm aware. Don't really have any advise but good luck! x

• 2 weeks later...

if there is an extra two children then the school will get funding for them(that is right isnt it??)....could that fund an extra days TA? I bet fridays are manic without them regardless of the extra 2!!!

What about parent helpers?

The situation is not going to change - go fwd with your head trying to make it the best it can be, you may get more that way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)