Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Cll

WHEN HAVING SHARED CLL TIME WITH THE WHOLE CLASS IN RECEPTION WHAT DO YOU ALL DO???????????

TO BEGIN WITH WE TEND TO JUST DO PHASE 1/2 ACTIVITIES DEPENDING ON CHILDREN'S NEEDS. HOWEVER, WE DO NOT THEN FOLLOW ON WITH READING/ SHARING A BIG BOOK FOCUS. WE TEND TO JUST READ AND DISCUSS LOTS OF STORIES

SO REALLY OUR ONLY FOCUSED WORK IS PHONICS BASED AT SHARED CARPET TIMES AND WE DO IT EVERY DAY. WE DO DO GUIDED/SHARED READING EACH WEEK BUT WE DO NOT HAVE A BIG BOOK OF THE WEEK!

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF YOU?? AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK OR WAY OFF??

THANKS FOR HELPING

Thats exactly what i do, teacherinpink. Its hard to fit everything in as its such amassive area of learning. Daily phonics (all on phase 2) but at different stages. Ive often questionewd whether i am doing it right, but in other areas like KUW they get books plis we always start and end theday with a story. And the address aspects of CLL reading, LCT through this

hope that puts your mind st rest xx

I might start monday morning with a big book which is linked to a particular interest/theme I have observed, then children usually do a guided writing/mark making linked to big book (not always and not this half term). Other than that I do phonics daily (20 mins before lunch) and story time at the end of the day. Sounds like what you're doing is just right! x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)