Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fun Ideas For A Baby Groups

katehart

hi Katehart

Im in cc too and next week starting a new baby group 0-9 mths! So this thread will help me as well!!

I am planing on using treasure baskets, resources such as silk scarfs and feathers, simple songs and various CDs. Unsworth

Hi Katehart,

I also work in a CC. Our baby group is for babies aged 0-18months and is very popular!

We often put out treasure baskets and these are very popular amoungst the babies! metal, wooden, brushes etc.

Next week we are going to have a sensory session. We had a huge box left over from a delivery and painted it all black, we then put foil blankets inside with a sensory treasure basket and some fibre optic lights and torches. Foam baths mirrors and small blocks with mirrors are great fun.

We also do lots of messy play too, cornflour and shaving foam being the more popular. Water play is also fun, our mums strip babies down to their nappies and put them into the water tray!

Hope this helps :o

Hi Katehart,

I also work in a CC. Our baby group is for babies aged 0-18months and is very popular!

We often put out treasure baskets and these are very popular amoungst the babies! metal, wooden, brushes etc.

Next week we are going to have a sensory session. We had a huge box left over from a delivery and painted it all black, we then put foil blankets inside with a sensory treasure basket and some fibre optic lights and torches. Foam baths mirrors and small blocks with mirrors are great fun.

We also do lots of messy play too, cornflour and shaving foam being the more popular. Water play is also fun, our mums strip babies down to their nappies and put them into the water tray!

Hope this helps :o

Thanks guys

I have used treasure baskets already, we spread them all around the room and the parents and babies can help themselves. my baby group is only up to 6mths ish, up to when they are crawling/moving. So most of my babies at the moment are new born or slighly older.

My mums are quite happy to sit on the floor and play with baby and chat to parents, they seem to be content doing this. I am happy for them to do this as well, because I know when they start the next group which is called toddle time the actitivies completely change. I do offer baby message during this session and the health visitors come in once a month to talk to the parents.

We did take bumps and bundles outside during the summer, which was a great success. I laid the big parachute out and put baby mats down on it. The parents loved it. We do song time at the end of each session and a good bye song. We also use mirrors, optic lights etc too.

I am a little worried about putting food actitives out for the babies of this age, because they don't start weaning to 6 mths. and I am worried this may be a hazard to the babies.

Is there anything else I should be doing for this age???????

Hope you can understand this

kate

Edited by katehart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)