Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E215

Hi,

I've just finished E215 - good luck!

You can use some of your old evidence to start with, but as time goes by you will probably update it all. One of your first TMAs is an audit of your pre-existing evidence, identifying what you can reuse so it'll become self-evident. I think you need to use E215-specific EYCLO forms, but you should be able to copy and paste across?

Sue

Hi

I too am about to start E215, but am a little worried as I now have a completely different role and job - will I have to start from scratch with all my EYCLO's?

I used to wok in Pre School but now an a family support worker - any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi myhenroxanne!

Afraid you will probably need to start from scratch, but you've built a portfolio before so you know how to do it! Take comfort from the fact that even though I was in the same role virtually all my evidence was new by the end, because of keeping it up to date!

Top tip - update them as you submit them as TMAs, as they are not remarked at any other point! I.E. - DON'T leave it until ECA submission.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Sue -

I'll take any tips and advice from anyone who has previously done this course - I am really not sure how this is going to work out as I am a family support worker, based in a Children's Centre but only for 20% of my working time - we do not have a CC nursery, all the groups are short sessions with parents such as baby weigh in clinics, midwife visits/developmental checks/ tiny tots time.

Has anyone used route A? (0-3's) I am thinking this will be my better option as most of the children that use the centre are within that age rage.

Hope someone can shed some light on whether they think this will work? Was in a pre school when I did E115 - but now am in social care arena.

I agree with Sue's top tip!

I did Route B for foundation stage age children. From reading the views of students on the OU conferences Route A was a bit tricky when carrying out the investigations using the Mosaic tools. You do a tour of the setting with a child, child interviews, interviews with parents etc.......it's all about listening to the voice of the child. Pre-verbal children can make their likes/dislikes and preferences known in other ways. It is doable but working with children who can talk to you would be a bit easier.

Reading up on the Mosaic approach (lots on google) would be a big help. Good luck with it and PM me if you want to toss ideas around. :o

Aha! You have a treat in store for you!! Along with the lovely EYCLOs, E215 introduces you to the RLOs which are the Route Learning Outcomes. These are filled in exactly like the EYCLOs and there are 3 of them. You get to choose a route you want to follow which is based on the ages of the children you work with. Route A is 0-3. Route B is 3-5 (foundation stage) and Route C is for chidren in school (key stage 1). This will all be explained in the study guide so don't worry.

You probably have enough on your plate with the E243 essay so if you have any more questions when you've opened your box let us know and those of us who have done E215 can perhaps help. Good luck. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)